Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Salsa

I am on a continuous quest to find the ultimate restaurant salsa. I've only been eating salsa for about 10 years now. The turning point was when I made my own...fresh. I have been hooked ever since. I find my own salsa to be addicting. I can eat a pint of it in a couple of days. I will reek of the smell of onion, jalapeno pepper and cilantro. The stench radiates from my pores. I love it. My husband does not.

It takes a lot of time, effort and money to make my own salsa. Plus, it goes bad really quickly because I'm the only one that eats it at my house. The last salsa I had at a restaurant was abysmal. It was more like spiced marinara sauce. I am looking for fresh tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, and garlic with a twist of lemon. I want it freshly pureed. I do not want it so chunky that it will pass as pico de gallo. Nor do I want it to be a thin flavored water with pieces of tomato. Please let me know if you find my ultimate restaurant salsa.

1 comment:

  1. my favorite restaurant salsa has always been Chili's... don't know why I love it so but I do! I also make my own - I'll have to send you the recipe... it's quick (15 mins if you have a food processor) and around $5 to buy the ingredients! And you can make it as hot or mild as you like though it makes a very large batch. People have told me to can it & sell it they enjoy it so much.

    ReplyDelete