Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Diapers

I enjoy changing Rachel's diapers.  Okay, I'm not a fan of the poopy blowout smelly diapers.  And, I may change my view after changing 200 more.  But, I really do enjoy the one on one time that we share.  Rachel is extra talkative and playful when she gets on the changing table.  She laughs and giggles at my jokes.  She tells me stories.  She practices kicking and passing toys from one hand to the other.  I'm not always happy about the disruption in my daily activities.  But I know that I will miss this when she is grown.

2 comments:

  1. My mum always called the changing table the happy place. And we do now also... something about laying there free of clothing for a few minutes makes a baby happy and that transfers to a happy mummy every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a truly sweet discussion of a necessary activity. You are a darling little mother, Jessica. I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete