Saturday, January 9, 2010

Leap Year (The Movie)

Doug and I went to see the movie Leap Year.  It wasn't flashy.  It was overtly predictable.  It was formulaic for a chick flick.  PG Rated.  The worst language was "poo."  There were no scenes that would have to be edited by your resident clearplay.  Amy Adams was charming.  Matthew Goode was handsome.  You know from the start that in 97 minutes the two characters that despise each other will decide to spend the rest of their lives together.  But, I loved it. It was one of my favorites I've seen in the last 6 months. Maybe it was the popcorn.  Maybe it was because I was sitting in the dark holding hands with my sweetheart.  Maybe it was because Doug and I fell in love so quickly.  I found this movie to be delightful and refreshing.  If you want to see a light-hearted, predictable, romantic, fluffy movie, go see this one.

2 comments:

  1. I saw it last night too. It got horrible reviews. In fact on movies.com it got like a D-. However, I found it adorable. Yes, it was predictable, but what chick flick isn't? If you are wanting to see a movie that has a wonderfully deep plot that leaves your mind wandering, forget it. But if you want an escape from life for an hour and a half just to be taken away and enjoy something warm and fuzzy you've got the perfect movie. I really enjoyed it. I think I might have to add it to my collection of Pride and Prejudice, While You Were Sleeping, and Return to Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really didn't want to see this movie, but after your review I might just need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete