Thursday, June 10, 2010

What Color is Your Crayon?


My interests and colors span the entire rainbow.  I love the cheerful playful hues of yellow and orange.  I love the earthy calm of browns and greens.  I can't get enough of the babbling brooks and majestic oceans of blue.
But, as I can only choose one, I choose red.  I have to give honorable mention to pink.  I can squeak it in under the guise of a "light red."  I love pink.  I love the femininity and playful sweetness of pink.

Why does red speak to me?  How does it represent who I am?

Red is...
adventurous, always thinking ahead.
brave, bold, and can take a hit.
prepared.
takes chances.
enjoys drama and the finer things in life.
dignified and royal.  I am a daughter of Heavenly heritage.
I like red because it is fire.  I am a pyromaniac at heart.
It is romantic.
It is hearts and flowers,
and passion,
and that little red dress I've always wanted (including the body to go with it).
Red is the color of life - of flowers
and blood (our life force).
Red roars as a symbol of womanhood.
It is the safety of a beloved sweater.
It is the comfort of wonderful foods like strawberries,
watermelon,
spicy peppers,
and all foods Italian (pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, ravioli, etc.).
Red is Valentines,
patriotism,
fireworks, 
and Christmas.
Red is me.

What color is your crayon?

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely yellow. Yellow is sunshine and happiness. In paler tones, it can also be soothing and subdued. I am not all of those things, but I love yellow and how it seems to be such a hopeful color

    ReplyDelete